Friday, 11 July 2014

Brush Time - The Zoeva Collection








I think I love make-up brushes more than I love make-up itself. Which hopefully explains why I have over 50 brushes at this stage and will definitely buy more in the near future.  Or maybe I have an actual problem here but to be fair, it IS the best kind of problem to have. In my opinion anyway. My bank account doesn't really agree but feck it right...? 

What I have discovered down through the years of wearing make-up is no matter how expensive or good it is, without a decent brush you might as well just be slapping it on with a shovel. I got my very first proper make-up brush when I was 13/14 from Clinique. Mammy took my older sisters and I into Debenhams and basically spoiled us rotten. One of the items I got was a flat foundation brush and I still have it, and it is still perfect. That just shows if you take good care of a brush, it will and should last you a long long time. It wasn't until a few years later that I actually had the funds to buy more decent brushes but my collection was starting to build nicely. In January I purchased these Zoeva brushes after lusting for them for weeks, if not months, after featuring them in my Wish List. They were one of the best purchases I ever made.

The quality of these brushes is absolutely amazing for the price. In fact, I would have paid a hell of a lot more than I did. They feel luxurious on the skin and work extremely well. Every single brush in this set is fantastic and I use a good few of them every day. I also use them on clients, which is another reason why i'l be buying more of them. I bought the a set of 15 and then another 2 flat shader brushes and I think it all came to about 110euro including postage. Which in my opinion, is ridiculously good. The brushes arrived on time and were packaged really well, inside little Zoeva pouches that come in so handy when transporting them.


Apologies for the ton of pictures. When I was trying to decide to buy these or not seeing images up close really helped so I hope it does the same for you all! Here is a run through of the brushes; 





127 Luxe sheer cheek - This is an angled brush which is most often used to contour. I use this to apply my highlighter but it can be used for just about anything on the face, even buffing in foundation. 


110 Face shape - This is like a medium shaped foundation brush which again, can be used for pretty much everything. It probably is most often used to create a contour however, I use a RT brush for that. Instead I use this to apply fine powder right underneath my eye area as the size is perfect. 



106 Powder - The giant of the collection is this amazingly soft powder brush. This could probably be used to apply a dusting of bronzer too but I use it just for translucent powder as I don't need to be precise with the application. I bring this brush with me everywhere. 



102 Silk Finish - The next size up from the 110, this is a basic foundation brush which I use to really buff the product into the skin. Its extremely soft and applies foundation like a dream. Could also be used to apply powder or creams. Another everyday brush. 



104 Buffer - This is one of the brushes I wouldn't reach for everyday as it tends to be way too big to apply foundation to the face. However, as is intended, it does a great job of buffing in a product, it just might be a bit tricky to get into the nose/eye area.


142 Concealer buffer - The baby sized 102 and 110. I use this for buffing in concealer around my eye area and onto any blemishes. Could probably be used to create a strong contoured cheek, or even to contour the nose as it is small enough to be precise. 

228 Crease - This brush is definitely another favourite. I use it to contour my nose and sometimes my cheeks if I want a more defined look, or if I want a sweep of colour on the eye. This is an excellent blending brush and I can't fault it at all. An ever so slightly smaller version of this would be brilliant too. 



227 Soft definer - I can't get enough of this brush and will probably buy them in bulk next time. SO soft but still strong enough to blend the product really well. Perfect size too, this is definitely one of my favourites. 



234 Smoky shader - As I mentioned, I bought an extra 2 of these as its always good to have a few flat shader brushes. Does exactly what it says on the tin basically, picks up product really well and helps to blend out the product into the eye socket, or the lower lash line.



230 Luxe pencil - Not one I'd reach for on a daily basis but excellent for precision when doing a defined socket look, or blending out a shadow on the lower lash line.

231 Petit crease - Again, wouldn't use it every day but a must have when doing a smokey eye, or along with the pencil brush, a defined socket. 


321 Brow comb - Can't say a whole lot about a brow comb other than it does its job well. This is another brush I'd bring everywhere with me, even on days when i'm not wearing make-up, tidy brows are a must. 

317 Wing liner - As stated, this brush is meant to be used to apply liner but I actually prefer it for my brows. The bristles are quite firm which means this is so fecking good to apply powder to the brows and making a precise line. Best brow brush I have found so far.


315 Fine liner - The crooked handle makes this really easy to apply a fine line, and a wing. The size is excellent for when you only want the tinest of lines. I especially love this for when i'm applying liner right into the inner corner or when I tightline. 

238 Precise shader - I haven't actually used this brush yet, which is a bit bizarre. It's lovely and soft but still small and firm enough to apply shadow right on the lower lash line, or even a bit of highlight to the inner corner. 






15 brushes in a collection (not counting the extra 2 I bought) for 88euro, working out at about 6euro per brush? Amazing, just amazing. I highly recommend you check out this brand who are celebrating their 5th birthday today! 




Zoeva
Colour. Love. Makeup.



Get daily updates from me on twitter & instagram: 
@ilovebarrystea




No comments:

Post a Comment