Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Clinique - Take The Day Off - Cleansing Balm








I am in absolute awe of this product. Seriously, I might as well cut short this review because I have only one thing to say - BUY IT. 

Basically what this genius (I may or may not have spelled genius wrong before it was autocorrected. Ahem.) product does is take your make-up off. A fairly straight forward task that we all do every single day. For me, it was a total pain. I'd mess between wipes, micellar water, (that Garnier one isn't too bad though) and then have to double cleanse on top of that to feel at ease, knowing my face was completely clean. My face was clean, but felt damaged, red and sore afterwards and for months this technique did nothing to improve my skin, only simply act as a way of taking away the layers of crap I had chucked onto it. It didn't enhance anything good.

This Clinique balm is the easiest, most simple cleanser ever. AND, it has improved my skin so much that I have only worn a tiny bit of concealer on a daily basis, feeling almost confident. I even looked alright with no make-up on at all, apart from the dreaded hangover eyes over the weekend. I am someone who needs a hell of a lot of make-up to feel good, so that should say a lot about this product.

To be totally honest, I wouldn't have heard about this at all if it wasn't for the absolute surge of reviews it's received over the last few months. I tried Clinique products for my skin before, and loved them, but hadn't the money to go back. I'm the type to spend more on covering up my skin rather than improving it, but I am trying to overturn that. The woman on the Clinique counter in Brown Thomas Dublin said they couldn't get over how popular the product became over night (or over a few weeks). I'm not actually sure when the product was released and how long it's been on the market but it seems to have been a hidden gem until now.

I'm going to get back to how easy it is to use- you literally just scoop some of the semi-hard balm out of the (really fancy looking tub) and apply it to dry skin, in my case, right on top of make-up. Now all you have to do is massage it in and it turns into a silky fluid oil that cleanses away every last trace of make-up. Apart from waterproof mascara but to be fair, only baby oil seems to do that job. Your made -up face will just disappear as you cleanse and then rinse with warm water. IT IS INCREDIBLE. I peered into the mirror after using it and instead of being genuinely frightened by the sight of my face, I actually gasped a little and dare I say it checked out how great my skin looked. It wasn't angry and red, it was calm and normal coloured, I suppose you could say? It also felt amazing, I doubt I'v had skin that soft since I was a baby and it was probably the skin on my arse. 


Il end the review on that note. If you want to treat yourself and your skin (gowaaaaaaaaan) then I really would recommend buying this product for 28euro on any Clinique counter. 



Note: I have checked Clinique's own website and it is sold out, as is everywhere except Brown Thomas Dublin, the woman said they have heaps of the shiny purple tubs just screaming out to be bought. Do it, thank me later.







4 comments:

  1. All I have heard is amazing things about this product. I really need to try it but haven't got round to it yet. I think I'll make a purchase next time I go shopping x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the exact same, kept hearing amazing things but couldn't really justify the price! If you feel you need to change up your skin care regime id say go for it! I was lacking a proper nice cleanser and my skin was acting up big time so thats why I splashed out. :) x

      Delete
  2. I've had this on my list to try for ages, really must buy it, it sounds so amazing!! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on my list for weeks, I'm annoyed it took me until now to purchase it! I can't even properly describe the difference it has made to my skin- I'm chuffed :) as always, thank you for reading!!

      Delete