Monday, 17 February 2014

A Recent Make-Up Haul



So like the super savvy person I am, once payday arrived I planned on allowing myself a small amount of "treat money" and the rest was to be put towards savings...

That didn't happen. 

I went a bit absolutely crazy and strolled around Brown Thomas as if I could afford to shop there all day, everyday. I might have picked up a few bits in the make-up department and then I made my way up to the shoe floor because I needed a new pair of heels. Really badly needed. I hit up the Nars, Shu Uemura and MAC counters and did some damage to my bank account. If you read my last post (here) you will have noticed I had a few Nars items on my wishlist and 2 of those items have finally become mine...




Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - I couldn't wait to get my hands on this guy and practically ran up to the Nars counter in search of it. The really nice girl on the counter (I think her name was Grace) applied a few different shades and we both agreed "Mont Blanc" suited me best. This is a really stunning foundation, as all the reviews state. It feels luxurious when applied to the skin and definitely adds some sort of a glow. I will do a review on this post in a while but for the moment, I really want to test it out properly and be able to give a fair judgement. (price- 40euro)


Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder - After Grace had popped on a bit of foundation I asked could I try out this powder as I had heard all about it on from the Viva Adonis girls. I was not disappointed. This stuff is actually magical and I'v never used anything like it before. Its so super fine and light, it's totally transparent and it blurs the skin leaving a slight airbrushed finished. Absolutely LOVE it. I'l pop in a little review with the foundation and include a few swatches and the likes. (price- 36euro)


Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers - I think everyone knows these are the best eyelash curlers in the world. I was skeptical at first because I assumed all curlers were the same weird little metal yokes but after using these I am totally converted and can see myself repurchasing these as soon as the replacement rubber pad wears out. They fit all eye shapes and give a perfect curl. What more could you ask for? (price -24euro)


MAC lipstick in "Blankety" - Shout out to Kerry, the lovely girl that helped me with choosing this shade. It's a perfect nude. Not too pale but not dark enough to be considered brown. Kerry said this shade reminds her of a Sophia Loren look, or I was thinking Bridget Bardot as its similar to Charlotte Tilburys Bardot Beige lip lustre.  I'v had it about 2 weeks now and i'v worn it every single day. LOVE. (price- 19euro)

MAC liplustre in "Love Nectar" - Kerry lashed on a bit of this after the lipstick and I couldn't leave without purchasing it. Compliments the nude shade really well and also looks unreal on its own. It's a slight orangy/warm colour which I usually would stay away from but it doesn't come out quite as vibrant on the lip so it won't be over-baring. (price - 17/18 euro)

MAC lipstick in "Ruby Woo" - Now this was actually a little stocking filler from Santa but I completely forgot to post a review of it until now. Honestly, I haven't been mad about this lipstick. Its matte which is completely new for me but I think I just need to give it time and have a little play around to get used to it.  The shade is stunning, a blue-undertoned red and everyone else adores it, and rightly so. I think I might let the freezing temperatures pass before whipping this guy out again because my lips are seriously dry at the moment. Dry lips and matte lipstick is a total no-no. (price -19euro)


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft & Gentle" - Oh. My. Word. The nicest highlighting powder I have ever used. Not really much else to say other than this is perfect. Its slightly pinky but also kind of bronzy and it's just beautiful on the face. Like the other products, I'l pop up a review with swatches although I don't think the camera will be able to pick up just how pretty this colour is. Highly recommend. I had been using Benefit's Watts Up highlighting stick previously, and I will definitely continue because I'd consider the colour just as nice (although more gold/champagne). However, the MAC one being a powder makes it that bit easier to apply. (priced at 29.50euro)


MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in "NC 15" & "NW20" - These had to be purchased for a freelance job I luckily managed to pick up. Thanks to Molly for helping me out so much with this, (and to Ita for landing me the job!). Molly recommended this foundation because it would cater to most skin types and look really well in photographs, and because I was doing make-up on models for a photo-shoot this was obviously fairly important. At the time I also picked up NC 25 but it ended up being too dark to use. I managed to pick up loads of sample shades and of the sculpt foundation too so I can do a review if it helps. Honestly, I haven't used MAC foundation in about 4 years because when I tested it I ended up reacting badly to it. However, I tried NC 15 for the first time the other day and so far so good, no signs of any extra damage. I'l have a follow-up review soon. (priced at 31.50euro)




Also stopped into Boots to pick up a few bits;


No.7 Precision Lip Pencil in "Nude" - I reckon it's probably my 5th time repurchasing this lipliner because I have yet to find one as good. It's a perfect nude shade to wear on its own or recently I have been pairing it with my new MAC lippy and loving the result. I use this fella every single day without fail. (price - 8.75euro)


Maybelline Studio Gel Eyeliner - Gel liners are all reasonably the same. I had been using Catrice before but decided to give this guy a go and its been doing a grand job. I prefer this as it doesn't irritate my eyes if it runs into my tear duct area or waterline (although that might be different on other people). I'l probably pick up the Inglot one next as I have heard it's completely waterproof but for the moment I'm happy enough with Maybelline. It also comes with a handy little brush. (price - 12euro)



No.7 Beautiful Skin Wipes - I took full advantage of my Boots No.7 vouchers with these! Ended up buying 3 packets within the one day because it's always handy to have wipes in case you come home a bit langered after a night out and can't be arsed using proper cleanser and toner and blah blah blah. So far, they have impressed me. They aren't super dry, which makes them easy to wipe over the skin, and they haven't caused my skin any damage. Thumbs up. (price - 9.25euro)

No.7 Nail Polish - Clear Top Coat, Clear Base Coat and the shade "Deep Wine" - Again, a handy few bits using my vouchers. Not much to say about clear nail varnish so I won't try come up with anything interesting. The wine-y shade is lovely though and the top&base coat work well. (price - 8/9euro)

Rimmel Brow Pencil in "Dark Brown" - Another repurchase because for the price, this thing is amazing! Again, I use this daily and will keep buying the little yokes. Work really well to fill in the brows and add definition. Would anyone like a post on how to maintain brows using this and powder? (price - 5-ish euro)

Giorgio Armani Maestro Liquid Eyeliner - I'v been using this little guy for about 2 weeks now. My cousin in Oz (thanks Sarah!) gave me this over the summer as she didn't find it very good. I completely forgot I even had it until one day I ran out of liquid eyeliner and searched my make-up stash in the hopes I had one lying around. I like this product but it could be a lot better. I use this to get the initial shape of the flick on my eye, and to get right into the inner corner. However, the colour pigmentation isn't all that great so I always end up going over it again with the gel liner mentioned above.  For the price, it's not fantastic but I will continue using it until it runs dry! (price - 20-25euro, I think)




You have every right to think I am a gobshite for buying all that! 

Twitter @ilovebarrystea
Instagram @ilovebarrystea 

Hit me up. 

6 comments:

  1. I've been really wanting to try the Nars Sheer Glow!
    Don't have a lot of make up from Mac so really want to try a few bits, going to New York at Easter so think I'll pick up some stuff then! :) You got some great bits! :) x

    http://alishasatticofbeauty.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooahhh!! I got so much envy just reading this! So jealous of this haul! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of all your goodies! I am so happy you got a few pieces from your wishlist! The Mac lipstick in Ruby Woo looks amazing!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tagged you for this or that tag xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've picked the best beauty products! I'm desperate to try the shuea mera eyelash curlers but just can't bring myself to spend that much haha. Love your blog, followed ya on bloglovin

    X Emma


    www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for reading girls, means a lot :)

    Don't be too jealous, I'm still a bit broke since then! Xx

    ReplyDelete