Sunday, 25 August 2013

Searching for Perfection - Teeth Whitening








I would say about 99% of people wish they had that perfect "Hollywood" fake bright shiny smile. 

However, if you're on a budget like I am, forking out for perfectly coloured and shaped veneers is not an option. 

Almost all of my friends have had the chance to get braces for their teeth and they now all support AMAZING smiles. (I am looking at you, Ailbhe.) I was not lucky enough to get this opportunity as my dentist told me when I was 15 that I didn't "need" them. 

I thought this was a load of shite to be honest because my mam then refused to pay for them, and is still refusing. I can obviously see her point, as I purely want braces for aesthetic reasons  but it still bugs me when I see people with them. WHY CAN'T I BE YOU?

I began hating my teeth around that time, as I started to become a lot more aware of their flaws. They aren't straight, they aren't all perfectly shaped, they certainly aren't pearly white and they are too small (or so I believe). Annoyingly this insecurity has gotten so bad that I refuse to smile in pictures as I just hate the sight of my teeth. So that explains why I "pout" in pictures. Not because I am really thick and angry. 

Anyway, this brings me onto the purpose of this post. 

Teeth Whitening. 

In my mind this was the only way I could begin to start accepting my teeth, if they were at least nice, bright and noticeable. 

I have tried every single whitening toothpaste within my budget and everything has been absolutely pointless. So, I began to look into getting the famous Crest Strips but as these are only sold in America (so I have been told), there was obviously going to be difficulty in purchasing them. 

Karen, my best friend, wanted the Crest Strips as well, as we are both trying to perfect our teeth. She came across Onuge Whitening Strips on Amazon and when I saw the result these had for Karen I was amazed... She opened her mouth to talk and I stared at her like a freak in awe. 

So, I obviously got myself onto Amazon pretty quickly and got myself a box of these little babies. They arrived just on time for me to get the full run of them by the time the debs would come along (as I knew I'd be wearing red lipstick). 

I will be completely honest, as I always am, they didn't start to show a difference until at least half way through the box, if not more towards the end. 





But when they did start to show effect I was pleasantly surprised! I managed to get my colour from a (4) or a (5) on the comparison chart all the way to a (2). I did not expect them to be that good. I was delighted! 

They claim to have results lasting up to a year, which I straight up don't believe but I will test it out and see. They also claim to have immediate effect, "noticeable whitening after 1 hour", which as I stated, wasn't the case for me but everyone is different.


Teeth Colour Comparison Chart


The box will last you two weeks and contains strips for the upper and the lower teeth so everything will be nicely even. It is recommenced you leave the strips on for 1-2 hours, which I did do however, one day I had forgotten they were on so I got past the 3 hours and I was luminous for the evening. Which wasn't exactly the preferred look. But, the majority of people won't be as stupid as me and they will stick to the suggested time. 

Around 18euro to buy from Amazon, so in my opinion, excellent value.

Sensitive tooth people beware, as these guys will start to hurt if you even get to 2 hours of wear per day.



6 comments:

  1. I just bought a teeth whitening kit in Boots there the other day! Hopefully I get good results out if it, if not I will test these guys out although I do have pretty sensitive teeth..,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How am i only seeing this now!! So sorry. What kit did you buy? :O il be trying it too. Still not happy! I wouldnt recommend these for sensitive teeth :/

      Delete
    2. How am i only seeing this now!! So sorry. What kit did you buy? :O il be trying it too. Still not happy! I wouldnt recommend these for sensitive teeth :/

      Delete
    3. How am i only seeing this now!! So sorry. What kit did you buy? :O il be trying it too. Still not happy! I wouldnt recommend these for sensitive teeth :/

      Delete
    4. How am i only seeing this now!! So sorry. What kit did you buy? :O il be trying it too. Still not happy! I wouldnt recommend these for sensitive teeth :/

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your honest review about using teeth whiteners. Yes, it is true that the results may vary for different people. It’s good that you observed some difference on your teeth, though you had to go through the whole box to achieve it. Do you have other plans on using other teeth whitening options? If there are, please share them again with us! Cheers!

    Justene Doan @ APlusFamilyDentistry

    ReplyDelete